This weekend my husband and I were cast as extras in what's going to be a HILARIOUS documentary about a fictitious small-town mayoral race in Fort Faible, Pennsylvania.
I won't give away any details, but I do encourage you to check out the trailer below and consider supporting the project via Indiegogo, where the producers are trying to reach their goal of raising $5,000 in the next 15 days. This website will also give you some more information about the film, which I'm grateful to be a small part of. Click here to check it out.
And, as promised, here's the trailer. Soooooooooooooo funny!
On New Year's Day, my boyfriend invited me to watch NPR's "The Most Stylish Music Videos of 2012" with him. He had already watched a few videos on his own while I was blowdrying my hair, but kindly replayed Fiona Apple's "Every Single Night" before scrolling down the page and clicking on this one. Explosions in the Sky's "Postcard from 1952" was recognized as "Most Gorgeous Video That Seems to Remind Us of Something . . ."
Key word: GORGEOUS.
I'm convinced that this might be the most beautiful piece of filmmaking I've ever seen. I'm serious.
1. Turn up the volume on your computer.
2. Expand the YouTube screen.
3. Click on the play button.
4. Bask in this video's beauty.
5. Feel an undeniable sense of nostalgia.
6. Reflect upon your own life.
7. Shed a tear or two. It's okay if you do.
8. Share this video with a friend.
9. Replay as often as you see fit.
10. Feel grateful for the artists who lovingly created this.
What a great way to start the New Year. Thanks, Eric.
An epic snapshot of life
Fiction, poetry, and all that good stuff . . .