Lately I've been thinking about lately I've been, hey, lately I've been thinking that, you know, I mean, lately I've been thinking and thinking and I've been lately thinking pretty lately, okay, because you've got me thinking that I should be thinking because lately I need to be thinking about how thinking makes things feel lately. Hey! Thinking lately about you. You, you, you, lately, lately, lately.
On New Year's Day, my boyfriend invited me to watch NPR's "The Most Stylish Music Videos of 2012" with him. He had already watched a few videos on his own while I was blowdrying my hair, but kindly replayed Fiona Apple's "Every Single Night" before scrolling down the page and clicking on this one. Explosions in the Sky's "Postcard from 1952" was recognized as "Most Gorgeous Video That Seems to Remind Us of Something . . ."
Key word: GORGEOUS.
I'm convinced that this might be the most beautiful piece of filmmaking I've ever seen. I'm serious.
1. Turn up the volume on your computer.
2. Expand the YouTube screen.
3. Click on the play button.
4. Bask in this video's beauty.
5. Feel an undeniable sense of nostalgia.
6. Reflect upon your own life.
7. Shed a tear or two. It's okay if you do.
8. Share this video with a friend.
9. Replay as often as you see fit.
10. Feel grateful for the artists who lovingly created this.
What a great way to start the New Year. Thanks, Eric.
An epic snapshot of life
I tend to do a lot of thinking in the shower, and tonight I was thinking about Billy Joel's performance at the 12/12/12 concert. That piano solo near the end of "The River of Dreams" continues to haunt me, and every time I hear it, it seems to make everything around me feel a little more magical. Thanks, Billy Joel.
Right? Right?! :)
Fiction, poetry, and all that good stuff . . .